Fantasies and Realities of Love
- Fantasy: If I say “I love you” it means we are together forever.
- Reality: If I say “I love you”, I always will but we may part ways in the future.
- Fantasy: I will never make you sad and you will always make me happy.
- Reality: Love does not prevent sleepless nights and horrible days at work. That’s life and we will have disagreements. But, at the end of the day, you are the person that I want to fall asleep next to because my love for you is unconditional.
- Fantasy: I will always do everything the right way because I love you.
- Reality: Let me be clear, I will fuck things up. I will say the wrong things. I will overreact. I will just be plain wrong! Through it all, my love for you will remain firm.
- Fantasy: You will say it when I say it, everytime I say it.
- Reality: I will feel love for you and say the words when I am ready. I have no expectation that you will do it in the same way or at the same time or ever.
- Fantasy: Love is the same for everyone
- Reality: Love manifests differently because people are different. Recognizing those differences and knowing a person’s character will reveal love. It does not always come as words.
- Mine to own
- A feeling that I have
- A moment that I choose to share
- Never attached to anything else
- Never conditional
- Without expectations
- Without baggage
Lesson from a Seven Year Old
She said, “Carolyn, I simply love you!”
At that moment, I thought, exactly, it does not get an more simple than that.
LOVE just because you can and want nothing in return!